Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We had a great weekend. On Friday we had our usual "movie night", complete with movies and pizza. Saturday was spent just hangin' out around the house. We decided to grill fish and opted to eat dinner outdoors. It was a beautiful evening filled with great food and many family laughs!


The kids would eat some and then go play on the swings.


I meant to have a picture of Michael at the grill, but instead ended up with this one. No Michael. Just the grill. (He and my dad built this last year. Turned out pretty nice.)



On Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful patriotic service and then headed home for a day of rest and relaxation. We had several storms come through so it made a great stay home day.

Monday we headed out early for Six Flags. We got there just shortly before the rides opened. So, the lines were very short. Yea!!

Ethan was really excited about his first ride...the TRAIN!

Kate and Connor really wanted to sit at the front so they could "ring the bell". I'm sure you can tell that Mason is just THRILLED!

After the train, Kate headed for the swings (she was the only one)


...and Connor headed for the planes.



Kate and Connor then rode this...(don't remember the name). It's like a mini "Superman" ride for kids. Its hard to tell in this pic, but they are crackin' up! Sooo cute!

Connor was in a really great and daring mood. So after the children's rides, he insisted on riding the Tony Hawk roller coaster.



Then Connor asked to ride ANOTHER coaster. This was his first time on the Judge Roy Scream.


The first time he rode with Mason and I sat directly behind them with Kate.


They loved it so much they wanted to go again. This time Dad went and he and Kate got in the front. (Have I mentioned that my new camera has an AWESOME zoom?!?!)






Next was the parachutes. Kate rode with Mason.




And I rode with Connor.


Kate begged Daddy to ride the "balloon ride". It goes up in the air and spins around like the tea cups. I think this is one of the last rides for Michael!! :(







Connor insisted on taking a picture with the Bat mobile.


Mason wrode "crazy legs" solo.

Michael, Kate, and Mason wated to ride Aqua Man before we left. This is them coming down.....SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!


When they got off the boat, they stood on the bridge and got splashed by the next boat.

And they went home COMPLETELY drenched! As Kate said, "Daddy....my panties are wet....."
I guess she thought only the outside got wet??? She learned quickly.


And as we were leaving the old "six flags guy" was hanging out takin' pictures. Too funny!



We came home. Cooked hamburgers outside. And had a red, white, and blue dessert. (White chocolate pie with chocolate dipped strawberries and blueberries. YUMMM! )





Photobucket

No comments: