Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing Heals a Body Like CFA!!!

As I've said in previous posts, I've been at home sick with the flu this week. Wednesday evening I was frustrated with my hubs because he had the nerve to ask me if he needed to take all the kids with him to church. (The older ones are a piece of cake...but getting Ethan ready for church requires some preparation....dinner, clean diaper and clothes, etc.) Ladies, I don't know about your husbands, but when mine is sick he goes to bed, shuts the bedroom door, and I know I have to suck it up and do it all without his help temporarily. HOWEVER, when mom is sick, somehow we are still required to function to some degree...hence Michael's out of state appointment yesterday.

BUT...today my sweet friends I have you know that my precious husband REDEEMED himself. He got the boys up and ready for school. I only had to get out of bed to sit with Ethan and Kate while he ran them to school. After having some breakfast, I went back to bed. I slept until ELEVEN THIRTY!!! Yes, you read that correctly....11:30. I haven't sleep like that in years...probably since college after staying up all night studing for some exam. Wow! THEN, Michael actually went out and got me CFA for lunch WITHOUT BEING ASKED!!! No Kidding. NOTHING. NOTHING helps a body bounce back like sweet tea from America's greatest restaurant. (For those of you who don't know me or who are new to my blog....I have a small...well, maybe HUGE obsession with Chick-Fil-A). Oh...I can't fail to mention that he also came walking in with a gallon of tea...to encourage my recovery. The Lord is Good. And so is Michael. Redeemed. Completely Redeemed.

THEN, I took a shower, shaved my legs, and washed my hair. I will not disgust you with the details of the last time my hair was washed. But have no fear, I am now feeling as though I am in the land of the living again.

Thanks to CFA, Michael John, and a hot shower I think I'm on my way to recovery. (Oh...the flu medicine probably deserves my thanks as well :)

Photobucket

No comments: