Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Quick Pages

I am so thankful I took Jessica Sprague's online scrapbook class and I have to encourage any digi scrapper to do the same. I learned a wealth of information! In week 2 she taught us how to make a custom clipping mask. So, I was able to do the page below in less than half an hour! The clipping masks enable me to make a "mask" so that all of my pics will be the same size and will line up evenly. It makes it soooooo much faster!

I woke up wanting to do some scrappin' this morning. I made plans several weeks ago to visit my BF Toi. For those of you who remember, she and her family moved last July to Houston. She's the one who initially introduced me to paper scrapbooks years ago (nine to be exact). And then last Christmas showed me digital! Wow! It's so much faster. And less expensive (because you simply re-use all of your kits...paper, embellishments, etc.)

On with my story...I was supposed to be scrappin' with Toi this weekend. The plan was to go to her new home in Houston. Our men and boys were gonna hang out and we were going to spend the entire weekend working on our baby albums. Our baby albums will be the old fashioned paper kind...because we both wanted to do for these babies what we've done for all the others.

But, somehow my darling hubs didn't connect the dots. I kept referring to the "first weekend of Spring Break". So when I checked with him about the date he said he didn't have much planned for Spring Break because he really wanted to spend some quality time with the kids.

And then one day we were both working in the office. He was on the phone with someone discussing a "training weekend" for doctors that he set up several months ago. And then I heard him mention the "13th and 14th". After waiting patiently for him to get off the phone...I politely asked him what in the world he was talking about. He reiterated the info of this training seminar. Then, with a little aggrivation in my voice, I pointed out that the "13th and 14th" WAS the "first weekend of Spring Break." Somehow, like I mentioned above he didn't make the connection when he first said we could visit with Toi and Greg.

To say that I was disappointed is an understatement. Because, truth be known, this was actually the SECOND time Toi and I were planning to get together to work on our books. So...when I got up this morning I was sad that I was getting out of my own bed instead of getting of the guest bed at Toi's house.

We are hoping to actually plan another weekend, possibly around her birthday in May. I think we're going to opt for an undisclosed location! Does any body reading this have a little cabin in the woods that they want to lend to two close friends who just want to hang out together and scrap? HA!

Now that I've done one page (even though it was digital) I will move on to my daily task...packing. YUCK. We're still going to Houston...but we will spend a majority of our time with Michael's family. His mother's birthday is tomorrow so our presence is requested. But don't you folks worry...I'll stop by to see my buddy one way or another! :)



Photobucket

No comments: