Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Space Center

As promised last week, I am finally posting pics from the Johnson Space Center.





This is an actual piece of the moon that the kids were allowed to touch.

This "man" turning flips demonstrates what it's like in space.



We took a ride on a tram that took us out to where they keep all the rockets.



This was inside the training facility where the astronaunts train before going into space. It was amazing to see the actual true size of everthing. It was incredible!

Here is one of the actual rockets. It's on display inside a building. (It's the only thing in the warehouse!)
Here's the bottom of the rocket where the "burners" are located. It is difficult to describe their size and the numerous wires attached to each.

This is Kate with her cousins Zander and Kailey.

The play are for the kids was huge! It's three stories high and entertains children for hours!
After returning home, we went to Six Flags on Friday with the Collins and Babcock families. It was busy, but we had a great time. To start the day, Mason had me join him on Mr. Freeze. We also managed to ride the Flashback. Kate rode her first roller coaster - the Judge Roy Scream and then later she rode the Shock Wave...and loved it! Especially going upside down. The child has no fear.
On Saturday afternoon, Michael and I managed to get some crazy idea in our heads to switch the boys' rooms. So, at 5:00 I was headed to Lowe's to buy paint. We finished painting before we went to bed at midnight. And, after church on Sunday we switched out their furniture, toys, and closets. It was a long day, but once we were done we were so pleased. Connor and Mason are really excited too! (I only wish we did this a few weeks ago BEFORE I had the garage sale. After cleaning out both rooms, I probably have enough for another sale.)
It was a great Spring Break. And I was sad to see everyone go back to school. This week makes me really anxious for summer!

Photobucket

No comments: