Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

The shower on Saturday was great. I don't know exacly how many people came...but I know we went through 80 plates...yes, eight zero. It was absolutely crazy. And I COULD NOT have pulled it off without my sweet hubs. You should have seen him cutting and serving the cake! Priceless. The cake was three tiers, each tier was three layers. It was a cake large enough to serve 125. We only had three pieces left. There were so many people here. Luckily the shower was come and go. But at one point, there were people in the family room, kitchen, breakfast area, formal dining room, standing in the hallway, and some were even sitting up the stairway. There have never been that many people in this house at one time before. But the bride and groom were so excited. And I really enjoyed seeing them interact with all the guests. I'm so excited for these two and can't wait to go to their wedding in a couple of months!

Despite some yucky weather, we had a wonderful day on Sunday. After we attended a great service at chuch our family came back to our house to prepare for the Easter meal. Granddad, Granda, Grabbie, and Uncle B were all in attendance. We had some yummy food...including my new favorite salad EVER made with fresh cranberries from Grabbie. Again, due to the weather, the children hunted their eggs inside...over 150 eggs for four kids (actually only three because Ethan was sleeping during the hunt). Everyone had a great time!






My boys were troopers to wear their pink shirts! You know what they say...Real Men Wear Pink!




This was clearly taken BEFORE Ethan's nap!





Does Kate look like a spittin' image of her Daddy, or what!?!





Easter is a fun time to have a bunny. Here, Toby Mac is really interested in what Ethan has in his hands. After this sweet pose, Ethan reached down and tried to pull him up by his ears...no kidding.

The boys were out of school again today. So we met up with Granda and went to see the Hannah Montanna movie. And it was hysterical! Even Mason, who wasn't thrilled about having to go see a "girl's" movie, enjoyed it. And I don't know who laughed more...the kids or Mom and I. Very clean and quite entertaining!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Connor is such a stud with his new arm fold going on!!!!

Bek said...

Love the kids outfits!

And Kate's dress is beautiful ... I was admiring that one this year.

Glad the shower went well!