Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just for Laughs

Today was a big day here in the Rooney household. Kate had "Kindergarten Round-Up" at the boys' elementary school. And Mason's 4th grade class was selected to give tours of the school to all of the new Kindergarten families.

Mason really wanted to give Kate her tour...even though we already know the school like the back of our hand. So Kate and I followed Mason and his buddy, Nicholas, throughout the school. Now, Nicholas is in the 4th grade...he's in Mason's class. But he's very small. He's probably smaller than Connor and only a hair taller than Kate. To be honest, I was shocked that he is as old as he is.

On with the story....once we returned home, Kate and Mason were telling Michael all about the round-up. Mason made a reference to Nicholas...and I commented, "Nicholas is really nice...he's a cute little guy."

And Mason then replied, "Yeah...he's small...but its because he has that thing....where he only gets to have a birthday every four years..."

Oh my goodness....I laughed so hard I cried. I never thought about how leap year would be interpreted by a child. But clearly...my son related this child's small size to the fact that he only gets to have one birthday every four years.

We had a mini lesson on leap year. :)

Photobucket

No comments: