Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Monday, April 6, 2009

In Case You Didn't Know...

....it's Monday.

Oh, and by the way, it's already April. AND, it's Easter THIS SUNDAY! YIKES...I am not ready.

And it's going to be quite a crazy week. Kate's preschool is celebrating Easter tomorrow because they are out on Thursday. Connor has a field trip on Thursday. Michael is required to be in Oklahoma City on Friday and since the kids will be out of school he asked me if we would come with him.

Sure I said, but I'm gonna go house huntin' while we're there. (HA!) I think I would like living in OK City. It snows there. Cool.

And can I just take a moment to tell y'all that I had Connor in tears this morning when I dropped him off at school because he WANTS to go to school on Friday and wasn't AT ALL pleased when I told him he'd have a short week. (SERIOUSLY)

On with the schedule....I am having a wedding shower at my house Saturday afternoon. Which means that if I am to go with MJ to OK City I will need to have a majority of things ready for the shower before we leave. And due to the above schedule, I don't know if this quick trip is gonna happen or not.

And speaking of trips....Michael and I were COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY yesterday by an act of kindness...so I will share... In early May (the 7-9 to be exact) Michael has an event in San Antonio that he must attend. (For those of you who don't know we honeymooned in S.A. and it is by far one of our favorite get aways! Hello...La Mansion Del Rio...a.k.a. The Mansion on the River!) Anyway, he asked if I would like to come with him on this trip. (Need he ask twice?!?!) Although he travels often, I rarely go with him due to the la familia responsibilities. And when you have four kids...lets just say we don't exactly have people standing in line waiting for their turn to keep them! HA! Anyway... we learned very quickly after a few inquiries that finding child care for this mini get away was going to be a challenge. After our local family was contacted, we considered asking Michael's sister Kelly and his Mom. Unfortunately, they've already planned another trip to Barbados during that time to visit family. So, we were kinda leaving this at a stand still for the moment.

A couple of hours after talking with his sister, Michael's brother Patrick called. They had just left Kelly's house and were headed home. He and Kristi started talking....and he called to tell us that they wanted to come up and keep the kids for us. JAW DROP. SILENCE. LONG STARE. WHAT???? Seriously?!?! Patrick is going to take off work and bring his family up here so that Michael and I can go on our mini get away. WOW! To say that we were surprised and shocked is simply an understatement.

At first I told Michael, NO. It's not fair that he would take off of work for us. I told him I would call my grandmother (Hi Nanny...yep, you lucked out this time :) Why would they offer to do this for us? I know I have great kids...but this is a little more than they bargained for! They just understand because going away just the two of them is something they never do, either.

Problem solved. We agreed to them coming up...as long as they would allow us to repay the favor. So, this summer we're going to keep their kids so they can have a mini get away. And, we have some air miles stored up, so we said we could fly them somewhere. So....the question for the day...if you could go on a mini get away with your spouce, where would you go? (And a huge THANK YOU to Patrick and Krisit!!!! And to Grabbie who is also going to help out! You guys ROCK!)

Photobucket

No comments: