Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Monday, April 27, 2009

Scout's Honor

We went to Shreveport this weekend. My cousin, Austin, was honored at a ceremony where he received his Eagle Scout award.

Saturday morning we took the kiddos to a nearby water way to enjoy the park and feeding the ducks.


Ethan and Michelle enjoyed the swings.
This place was beautiful.
Michelle is admiring the duck and he doesn't seem to mind.
Ethan was having a great time with his MeMe.


Michelle and Ethan enjoyed the little kiddie slide.

My oldest three monkeys enjoy the bars.
Once back at MeMe's house, Michelle wanted to play in the water.
And Kate wanted to join her...she got completely soaked!
After an afternoon of play, we headed to Austin's ceremony. This is a table of some of his various awards. He began scouts when he was only six years old. He's now 19. To say that his accomplishments are impressive would be an understatement. It was truly an honor to be there to witness this presentation.
This is the actual Eagle Scout medal. Awesome.
This is me and the kids with the honoree.



Photobucket

No comments: