Jeremiah 29: 11-14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Picture Takin' Fanatic

Hawaiin Falls, the new waterpark here in Mansfield, opened Sunday from 12-7 pm for our church. Although the weather wasn't as warm as we would have liked, we decided to go anyway. Grabbie kept Ethan so he could take a nap. So, Michael and I headed out with the other three. Unfortunately, my Minolta camera is currently having some technical difficulties, so we decided to take one of those disposable water cameras. (Big mistake). We had such a fabulous time! We've always known that Mason and Kate were dare devils, but Connor...,well, not so much. But I will have you know that ALL THREE of them rode every single slide they had to offer. It was so much fun.
On the way home I made Michael stop at Walgreens so we could drop off the camera immediately. However, the machine apparently had some technical difficulties and we didn't get the disk until last night.

I couldn't wait to look at all the pictures. And let me tell you, they look like C-R-A-P. The quality is ridiculous. Here are a few. And believe it or not, this is AFTER I doctored them up with Photoshop.



The children's area was awesome. It's a huge area...too big to fit in one shot.


Michael was racing Mason, Connor, and Brandon (a friend from church) down these slides. This was Connor's first time. I was really worried once he got to the top and realized that he would have to come down on his belly that he wouldn't go. He proved me wrong.



Connor is coming down another slide.



This is Mason on the "shoot" where the slide "spits" you out into a "toilet bowl". It was crazy awesome.




I know it's sad but those were the best out of 27. Seriously. Sad.
Like I mentioned earlier, my Minolta digital camera is having "issues". I've been looking at cameras (casually, of course) since before Christmas. I'm getting ready to take some photography classes (hopefully this summer) and I was hoping to get a new one either before or after I started my class.

I think the whole ordeal with the disposable really set me over the edge. I started seriously researching different makes and models, both online and in various stores. I even had Michael checking stuff out,too.

And I'm so excited that I'm now the new proud owner of:
...... the new Nikon d90.
I really debated between the d5000 and the d90. But it all came down to the lens. With the d5000 I would have bought a second lens. I love the idea of just having ONE.
Oh..side note...Best Buy will honor any current add. So, I got it for a good price (at least $100 - $150 less than current retail.) And after much research, I found that Best Buy also has the most reasonably priced extended warranty. And it just SOOOO happens that right now they are offering 18 months interest FREE! WOOOHOOOO! Give Him some PRAISE!
Today, the fourth grade had their big 4th grade party at Camp Thurman. I couldn't wait to go play with my new toy! Infact, I probably went a little crazy.
Here's a picture of the entire fourth grade.
Mason is doing one of the challenge courses.
Ethan loves being outdoors and he was fasinated with this stick. I guess he's gonna be 110% boy!




Mason is rock climbing.


And was the first boy to make it all the way to the top.

I had to get a picture of Addison.


This is the 25 foot zip line that the kids went down. Mason is on the far right.

...on his way down...



...and going upside down....




And of course all of his friends wanted "high-five" on his way back in.

Do they look related?

1 comment:

Little April said...

great pictures we have a cannon rebel. we really debated between it and the Nikon. I love it, I still have alot of learning to do as far as the settings!